Friday, October 19, 2012

Beginning

I'm not sure where the idea started, but it has been brewing for awhile...

At some point, I began to think about how each birthday represents a completion.  When we turn one, we have completed a year of life.  We continue to call ourselves the age of our last birthday, even though we've already started another journey around the sun.  Isn't that curious?

I am drawn to journeys more than destinations.  So perhaps that is why I made up my mind several months ago to reframe my approaching 50th birthday.  Yesterday, I celebrated a wonderful 49th birthday.  Today, I am beginning my 50th trip around the sun!  I am calling it my "golden orbit".  I intend to create a year of celebration -- not about me -- but about this amazing life that I am privileged to live.

I don't know what this celebration will look like, but I am inspired by the opportunity to inquire, and grateful for anyone who would like to join me.  The beauty is that we aren't bound by milestone birthdays.  We are bound only by our imaginations.  We actually could choose to create a golden orbit at any moment. For me, it centers on a question:  How will I discover (uncover) all that is golden in my life?  It promises to be a journey full of gratitude and inspiration.

As Lao Tzu said, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".  With a deep, grateful breath - I am taking the first one.

Wishing you well in your journey!
  




No comments:

Post a Comment